Monday 22 February 2010

It's a TKR for Dave

What's a TKR, you ask?

The procedure that Dave Todd, 66, endured last week is known as a "Total Knee Replacement", so it's definitely not keyhole surgery, of that we can be sure.

Having played 3 or 4 times a week for the last ... well, forever ... he's out of action for ... well, possibly forever, it's a case of wait and see.

Still, the staples came out today, so that's progress, and Dave's decidedly optimistic.

"For the first time in 7 or 8 years I've got no pain in my knee, apart from the pain of the operation which will soon go. I asked the surgeon if I'd be able to play again, and to my surprise he said 'Why not?', so hopefully I'll be back on court in a couple of weeks!"

Good luck Dave, how are you fixed for 5.40 next wednesday ???

No comments:

Post a Comment